CAR WASHING SOFTENER / DEIONIZER RESIN REFILLS:
FOR USE IN THE "CAR WASHING SOFTENER / DEIONIZER" ONLY (This is the unit with a 3" diameter and the spray nozzle on the exit end).
The brown resin softens the water by removing the calcium and magnesium.
The gold resin removes the TDS (total dissolved solids)giving you spot free/towel free rinse water.
HOW TO REPLACE THE RESIN:
HOW TO REPLACE THE RESIN IN YOUR "SOFTENER/DEIONIZER".
1. Holding the DEIONIZER with a pair of channel lock pliers or a vice, unscrew the large threaded bushing with the female hose fitting on the inlet end using another pair of channel lock pliers or a wrench.
2. Remove the old resin from the SOFTENER/DEIONIZER by dumping it into a trash can or plastic bag and discard..
3. Using a funnel, dump the GOLD replacement resin into a large pitcher and fill with water. Mix and pour into the Softener/Deionizer. Repeat this process with the BROWN resin. The GOLD resin deionizes the water and must be at the exit end (trigger sprayer end) of the SOFTENER/DEIONIZER. The BROWN resin softens the water which must be softened before it is deionized by the GOLD resin.
4. Clean the resin off the threads of the bushing and the SOFTENER/DEIONIZER and re-install the threaded bushing using Teflon tape. Your SOFTENER/DEIONIZER is now ready for use.
Always store your SOFTENER/DEIONIZER with the 3/4" PVC plug installed to prevent the resin inside from drying out which will shorten it's life and keep it from freezing.
Replacement resin is available at www.watersticks.com/sdresin.htm
3 SOFTENER / DEIONIZER RESIN REFILLS (3 packs brown and 3 packs gold) FOR THE SOFTENER / DEIONIZER ONLY $45.00
RESIN REFILL FOR THE
SHOWER WATER SOFTENER
FOR USE IN THE "SHOWER WATER SOFTENER" ONLY IF YOU HAVE LOST RESIN.
NOTE! Newer ShowerSticks have a filter in the top end of resin chamber that prevents resin loss, so no replacement should ever be necessary.
ShowerStick Resin Replacement Instructions:
CAUTION! You must remove all the old resin or your ShowerStick will not regenerate properly.
1. Remove the hand held shower head from the bracket and lay it on the floor of the shower to allow the water to run out of the ShowerStick.
2. Unscrew the lower hose from ShowerStick body.
3. Unscrew the ShowerStick body from the bottom of the KDF Filter.
4. Remove the gray 1/2" threaded nipple if it did not come out with the KDF Filter.
5.Dump the resin beads out of the upper 1/2" hole of the ShowerStick into a trash container by shaking.
6.Dump the replacement resin into a large pitcher and fill with water.
7. While holding the ShowerStick over a sink, use a funnel to pour the new resin beads into the upper 1/2" hole of the ShowerStick body.
8. Re assemble the ShowerStick (keep it upright to avoid spilling the resin).
Note: You do not need to regenerate new resin. Your ShowerStick is ready to use. Prior to the first use, run some water through the ShowerStick to remove resin dust left from the manufacturing process.
SHOWER WATER SOFTENER RESIN REFILL $20.00
SHOWER WATER SOFTENER RESIN REFILL WITH IRON CONTROL $40.00